Information about HOSSFLY…
Membership – To join us at HOSSFLY just click the underlined link to our membership form. Copy, complete and mail it, along with a $15 check payable to HOSSFLY for annual dues to:
2519 Brighton Circle
Biloxi, MS 39531
Visitors are always welcome at our meetings, generally the first Tuesday of each month at the Ocean Springs Yacht Club at 6pm. So come by say hello and check us out!
Hossfly Bylaws (click for a link to this file)
For Beginning Fly Fishers and interested members – many thanks to those that visited us at the Biloxi Boat Show and other recent events…
HOSSFLY Facebook page – up to the minute happenings and fishing trips – https://www.facebook.com/HOSSFly-993731957361424/
5 Basic Principles to Fly Casting – a good place to get started – may be found in various forms all over the internet – http://www.trout-fly-fishing.com/fly-fishing-casting.html
Gulf Coast Council – GCC-IFFF – clubs and events near you which may be of help and interest – http://gulfcoastfff.org/
Weather, Tides, River levels, etc.
GCRL – one stop for; NOAA current observations, NWS forecasts, tides, etc.
Windfinder – a very useful site that many of us use; wind speeds, wave heights, tides, etc. Very accurate and reliable.
NOAA weather – current observations and forecasts for designated areas along the Gulf Coast (and the nation.)
Our Friends and supporters…
- Gulf Coast Research Laboratory – Scientists and researchers from GCRL regularly make presentations to our monthly meetings on popular fish species and other interesting topics. HOSSFLY has supported tarpon research and educational programs for young people at GCRL for many years.
- Temple Fork Outfitters – TFO has supported our charitable work with donations of rods for our annual silent auction fundraiser. Tom Jindra has provided support for HOSSFLY on many occasions as a speaker and casting instructor.
- Shore Thing Charters & The Lodge at Cat Island – Captain Sonny Shindler has passed along fishing tips at HOSSFLY monthly meetings. Shore Thing Charters works closely with The Lodge at Cat Island. Lodge owner Don Gaddy has donated stays at the lodge to our annual fund raising auction.
- Gulf Coast Council for the International Federation of Fly Fishers – Hossfly is an affiliate member club of the GCC-IFFF. We have a number of members active in the Council which has many activities from conservation and education events, to area fishing get togethers, to the annual Fly Fishing Fair hosted in Ocean Springs.
- Mississippi Department of Marine Resources – MDMR personnel have made presentations at our monthly meetings. MDMR maintains the Mississippi’s flyrod fishing record system.